What We Do and Who We AreIf you have a need related to domestic violence not listed here please get in touch
Sonshine Sanctuary – Working Together to
Eliminate Violence and it’s Associated Issues.
Services offered are:
- A physical place that is safe and secure where women and their children can life free from violence or harassment.
- Emotional support and encouragement to help women to make plans for the future.
- Information referrals eg housing, income, counselling, legal, health, childcare, schools, support groups, migrant services and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services.
- Other assistance eg liaising with Government and non-Government agencies.
- Protection Orders can be sought with staff assistance.
About Sonshine Sanctuary
Sonshine Sanctuary Association provides short term crisis accommodation and support for women and children made homeless by domestic / family violence, regardless of age, race, religion or financial situation.
Our high-security Refuge can accommodate four families at a confidential address provided by Queensland Department of Communities [Housing and Homelessness], and families may stay for a maximum of 12 weeks. We also have up to ten lower-security premises throughout the local area for families still needing support after Refuge to plan and make important decisions about their future.
Sonshine Sanctuary is a not-for-profit incorporated association governed by a Committee of Management elected each year by our Financial Members. We do not receive any Government funds.
Sonshine Sanctuary is an organisation based on Christian principles, it is Seventh-day Adventist in character and is an ADRA endorsed project.
To live in a world that does not tolerate violence, and a community that will work together to eliminate violence and its’ associated issues.
To offer crisis accommodation and support to women and children made homeless by domestic and/or family violence.