Safety PlanThese suggestions may help you leave quickly if you are in danger
If you are in domestic violence, these suggestions may help you leave quickly if you are in danger:
Decide who to call if you feel threatened or in danger – call Police on 000 for crisis, or DVConnect for counselling.
- Decide where to go if you need a safe place – Dvconnect can refer to Refuge 1800 811 811.
- Decide what arrangements to make to ensure your children’s safety.
- Keep an extra key for your house and car.
- Keep a list of emergency phone numbers handy.
- Hide a change of clothing for you and your children.
- Pack any medications you need.
- Know where to find important papers and records in a hurry.
- Keep some clothing, medication, important papers, keys and some cash hidden or at a friend’s place.
- Practice travelling to the location chosen as a safe place so you can get there safely even in a panic.
- Keep a list of items you may wish to retrieve at a later date.
- Speak to DVConnect 1800 811 811 if you have pets to consider before you leave.